Let’s make a card with the Joseph’s Coat Technique!Welcome to the New Season New Techniques Hop. Each of the creators in this hop will be using a “new to us” technique for out project. The technique I decided to try is Joseph’s Coat.
This is a fantastic technique and I’m surprised that I hadn’t tried it before. And it was so easy.
Check out the video!
Here’s how YOU can do this to!
Step 1: Add lots of color to a piece of cardstock. It doesn’t matter if it’s well blended, or splotchy. Just add a variety of colors. In my opinion, the brighter the better!
WANT TO HELP SUPPORT MY BLOG?
- Watch, Like, Comment and Share this post with all your Crafty friends!
- Buy a card or digi! If you loved this card, you can buy it! Shoot me an email.
- Leave a tip in the tip jar!
- Check out the supply list later in this post for easy shopping. The list includes affiliate links that allow me to make a percentage from sales without any additional cost to you. So shop away!
Step 2: Stamp and emboss some fun images.
Make sure that your ink is DRY and use your anti-static tool so that you can get some clean images.
Use CLEAR embossing powder.
Step 3: Ink blend a dark color ink over the entire panel. Black is the preferred color for this technique, but navy blue looks amazing too. I’m sure any dark color would look great.
Step 4: Buff the ink off of the embossed images.
This is where the magic happens!
I just love how the butterflies almost seem to glow once the ink is buffed off. Just Beautiful!
Here is the rest of the Lineup!
Do you have a project you’d like to share?
I love seeing what you create, so come join my Facebook Group – Crafting with Debbie and show us your creations!
——— S U P P L I E S ———
(and where to find them)
(DISCLAIMER: I was not paid for the creation of this video. I use affiliate links whenever possible in my blog posts and videos. It doesn’t change the way you purchase things, but it allows me to make a percentage off of sales. Thank you for using the links provided & helping me continue to create here.)
- Tim Holtz – Water Color Butterfly Stamp and Stencil set (AMZ)
- Distress Ink – Mustard Seed
- Distress Ink – Cracked Pistachio
- Distress Ink – Peacock Feathers
- Distress Ink – Picked Rasberry
- Distress Ink Mini Kit – One (Mustard Seed, Peacock Flowers, Spiced Marmalade, and Picked Raspberry)
If I can make it, YOU CAN TOO