Today we will be foiling through stencilsOh My God! I can’t believe how fun foiling through stencils today was!
I’ve done this type of stenciling and foiling before.
But I think I always got too stressed out over the mess using pastes and such causes.
This time, I got better prepared.
- Cleaned off my desk and put away EVERYTHING that I wasn’t going to be using.
- Positioned EVERYTHING I would be using to be in easy reach.
- Pre-cut a LOT of A2 size panels.
- A container on the floor beside me filled with warm soapy water.
- A brand new pack of baby wipes.
- A new roll of paper towels.
- A silicone baking mat.
- Multiple palette knives to spread the paste with.
- Momenta Paint Applicator (works the same as a Deco Foil Stencil Pal)
OK… all of this was long before the camera got turned on… I mean I HAD to prep some panels so they would have time to dry before going live, right?
Why did they have to dry? Because we are applying some Deco Foil Transfer Gel through the stencils so that we can add the foil later!
I use the regular Deco Foil Transfer Gel, and the Deco Foil Transfer Gel DUO (I think the regular has been discontinued, but I have it. So I need to use it up.)
I started making the panels around noon, so the first had around 5 to 5 1/2 hours to dry. In the end, only one of the panels wasn’t ready when we went live.
I also make several panels during the first 30 minutes of the live so you could see what I did and how easy it was to prep. Of those, only one didn’t dry fully before we finished up… I’ll be foiling it today!
WANT TO HELP SUPPORT MY BLOG?
- Watch, Like, Comment and Share this post with all your Crafty friends!
- Buy a card or digi! If you loved this card, you can buy it! Shoot me an email.
- Leave a tip in the tip jar!
- Check out the supply list later in this post for easy shopping. The list includes affiliate links that allow me to make a percentage from sales without any additional cost to you. So shop away!
Miss the LIVESTREAM? Check out the replay!
Check out some of the foiled panels! They are amazing!!!
Do you have a project you’d like to share?
I love seeing what you create, so come join my Facebook Group – Crafting with Debbie and show us your creations!
💥 Supplies 💥
(DISCLAIMER: I was not paid for the creation of this video or blog post. I use affiliate links whenever possible in my blog posts and videos. It doesn’t change the way you purchase things, but it allows me to make a percentage off of sales. Thank you for using the links provided & helping me continue to create here.)
- Blubonnet Foil
- Deco Foil Transfer Gel DUO
- Deco Foil Stencil Pal
- Deco Foil Transfer Foil Value Pack 20 Sheets, Rainbow
- Deco Foil Transfer Foil Value Pack 20 Sheets, Rose Gold
- Deco Foil Transfer Foil Value Pack 20 Sheets, Silver
- Deco Foil Transfer Foil Value Pack 20 Sheets, Gold
- Tim Holtz® Stampers Anonymous – Layering Stencils – Splatters – THS009
- Tim Holtz® Stampers Anonymous – Layering Stencils – Dot Fade – THS006
- Tim Holtz Stencil & Stamp SET-THMM104
- RANGER DYLUSIONS Heart’s Edge
- Altenew – Stencil – Buffalo Plaid Builder
- Honey Bee Stamps – Stencil – Plaid Background Builder
If I can make it, YOU CAN TOO