Today I’m making a Silver Bells Dimensional Doily Card using the Silver Bells Dimensional Doily Etched Dies.
I’ve never made a card like this before… I have a feeling that I’ve been saying that a lot lately. LOL. But it’s true. 2021 has been a year for me to try lots of new things, and this is another example where I’m stretching just a little bit by trying something new.
You can see the all of the August New Release products in the “August 2021 New Release” section on the Spellbinders website.
How to use the Silver Bells Dimensional Doily Die
If you, like me, have never used one of the dimensional doily sets, the die cuts out multiples of the main shape.
In this case, a bell with intricate designs included. Each bell has 2 stitched score lines that are about a 1/4 inch apart.
You fold on those lines, creating a valley fold and mountain fold that causes the outer part of the bell to pop up.
One stitched score line on each side of the bell also has a slit cut from the end to about the center of the score. This allows you to slide them together! That is what creates the doily! I used only 3 bells for my card today, but I found that using 10 will give you a full circular doily or wreath that would fit on a 6×6 card.
Come see the Silent Night Make a Scene Card that I created using these interactive dies… Check out the Video!
Don’t forget to comment, like and subscribe to both this post and my YouTube video. It lets me (and YouTube) know that you would like more posts like this in the future.
See what else I made using the Silver Bells Dimensional Doily Die
Of course when I started playing, I didn’t have a project in mind. I just cut out the first 3 bells, looked online to see how they were designed to be used, and gave it a try.
Since I only had the three at this point, I attached them all together on both sides. And made this pretty ornament! I think it could look better if you layered the paper up for strength and used a foil, glitter, or pattern paper to cut them out of. I’ll have to try that next time!
Check out some more photos of my finished Silver Bells Dimensional Doily Card
Do you have a project you’d like to share?
Let’s hang out!
Like this project? Pin it and save for later!
——— S U P P L I E S ———
(and where to find them)JUST A NOTE: The stamp and die set were provided to me by Spellbinders to create inspiration to showcase these amazing products. I was not paid for the creation of this post or video. I use affiliate links whenever possible in my blog posts and videos. It doesn’t change the way you purchase things, but it allows me to make a percentage off of sales. Thank you for using the links provided & helping me keep bringing you free content.
- Silver Bells Dimensional Doily Etched Dies
- Holiday Florals Background Glimmer Hot Foil Plate
- Holiday Florals Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set
Thank you so much for dropping by to see the cards that I created with these amazing stamps and dies from Spellbinders. Please give me a thumbs up, and comment because I love hearing from you!
I hope you are inspired to create something AWESOME!
Check out some more projects using Spellbinders Stamps, Dies and Glimmer Plates!
- EASY Spring Cards using the BetterPress System
- Let’s make Foiled Floral Cards | #SpellbindersFeb24Clubs
- ▶ Birthday Cards using Big Hugs from Simon Hurley | Simon Hurley Create | Crafting with Debbie LIVE!
- How to create a Floral Card with Die Cuts | Spellbinders Fresh Picked Buttercups
- ▶Creating some Beautiful Blooms Cards | Simon Hurley Create | Crafting with Debbie LIVE!
- ▶Let’s make a Dancin’ Panda Card! So Easy! | Crafting with Debbie LIVE!
- Fun Floral Cards using the Spellbinders January 2024 Clubs
- Having Fun with Wax Seal Mixes | #SpellbindersJan24Collab
- Let’s Color! Easy Cards using the House-Mouse Winter Collection from Spellbinders
- #SpellbindersJan24Clubs | Thanks for Bee-ing so Sweet!
- Our Fave 2023 Club Products Blog Hop | Spellbinders
- Crafting Fun with Spellbinders’ August 2023 Club Kits!