For today’s card, I used DecoFoil Transfer Gel to FOIL STAMPED IMAGES!
How cool is that! Even better, I did it on a mid-day livestream to YouTube and Facebook! So, if you missed it, you can catch the replay on either platform.
And, believe it or not, I was mostly prepared before starting the live. I’d say that’s a win for bot you and me! LOL
Several weeks ago, I saw Jennifer McGuire use Deco Foil Duo to foil with some of her stamps. So I just had to try it. She had shown how to use heat embossing for adding foil before. Of course, I tried that method at her recommendation a long time ago too.
But using the transfer gel seems to get a much better result most of the time.
So I thought I’d share that again today on the live.
I put together this blue and silver card as a sample to make sure I could get the effect I was looking for (so yes, I did prepare). I love how the foiling worked for the ornaments on the tree and the pot that the tree is planted in… but it didn’t work so well on the sentiment. I think it’s just too hard to hold enough of the gel on the fine lines of the sentiment without it smooshing over the side. The result is a white sentiment with a foiled outline. I have a couple of ideas that I can use that for, but it wasn’t really what I wanted for these Christmas cards.
So I changed things up a little once the stream began.
Check out the replay where I Foil Stamped Images on these pretty Christmas Cards.
If you like this content, do all the things!
- Show me (and Youtube) that you LOVE these videos and posts by subscribing, liking, commenting, and sharing them!
- Become a sponsor of my channel and blog and help me create my next posts by making a one-time donation! All contributions are welcome!
I’m also giving away the card that was created during the livestream. If you want to be in the drawing, like and comment on the YouTube Video and complete this google form.
Also, most weeks, I invite a guest crafter to join me and share their style and technique. If you’d like to be one of them, I’d love for you to apply!
Want to join me as a GUEST CRAFTER and be featured in a future blog Post and LiveStream?
Sign up for my newsletter using this “Be a Guest Crafter” form. By subscribing, you’ll always know what’s going on here on my blog and over on my YouTube channel. Plus you’ll get special emails from me focusing on upcoming collaborations and guest crafter opportunities.
Check out these pics where I added Foil to Stamped Images
Other Crafty Opportunities!
If you just love crafting and want more ways to create with me, check out these other crafty opportunities. Each is super fun!
Check out our next Card Class!
❤To Be Announced Soon!
See you there!
Let’s hang out!
Like this project? Pin it and save for later !
(and where to find them)
(DISCLAIMER: I was not paid for the creation of this video. I use affiliate links whenever possible in my blog posts and videos. It doesn’t change the way you purchase things, but it allows me to make a percentage off of sales. Thank you for using the links provided & helping me continue to create here.)
Thank You so Much!
Thank you so much for joining me. I hope you are inspired to create something AWESOME! Because, if I can make it, You Can too!
Check out some other LIVEStream replay posts!
- Making Coasters with #Artesprix | Crafting with Debbie LIVE! | GIVEAWAY
- LIVE Planning Q&A with guest Elizabeth Costa Rogers!
- Creating with Valz Art Lounge and Chrystal’s Creations Wycoff | 🔴Crafting with Debbie LIVE!
- Card making with Bitty Penny #oldplusnewmar2022 | 🔴Crafting with Debbie LIVE!
- LIVE Planning Q&A sessions with guest Elizabeth Costa Rogers!
- Card making with Monica Taylor – Welcome Spring | 🔴Crafting with Debbie LIVE!
- Let’s get Messy with Cheryl Boglioli from Gel Press | 🔴Crafting with Debbie LIVE!
- Card making with Teresa | 🔴Crafting with Debbie LIVE!
- Making Memory Dex Cards | 🔴Crafting with Debbie LIVE!
- Planning for 2022 with guest Elizabeth Costa Rogers! |🔴Crafting with Debbie LIVE
- Mass-Producing Birthday Cards | Dare2BArtzy
- Hot Foil Galentines | 🔴Crafting with Debbie LIVE!