How YOU can make YOUR OWN Traveler’s Notebook – Part 3: PLANNER CLIPS!
Thank you to everyone that joined me on my Facebook Live on April 22nd. I hope you enjoyed it and thank you so much for your patience while I practice and learn more about how to do live video… it is sooo much easier to edit and do voice over even if it does take much longer.
In today’s post, we’ll be making the cute planner paperclips from that “Craft with Me” session.
There are a lot of ways to make planner paperclips. The only thing you want to make sure that you do is to have the clip facing the right direction. Other than that, use your imagination and creativity to make the clip your own.
I’ll review two techniques today. They are super easy.
(Some of the links below are compensated affiliate links, at no cost to you. Your using them helps me to keep my YT channel and blog running, and helps me to bring new content to you. Thanks in advance for considering using them.)
This is the first way that I learned to make these… stickers! I love the way that dimensional stickers look for planner stickers and they are super easy to make. The ones that I find work better are puffy stickers, or foam stickers. You can try the stickers that are cardstock layered with foam squares between (and I’d love to hear how it works for you) but I feel those are not as durable.
Here’s how to make your clip.
- Cover the back of the sticker in hot glue (or E6000), and place your paper clip on the back. Make sure that the end of the clip is off the edge of the sticker and that the clip is lined up in the center of the sticker. (E6000 works best if the decorative element doesn’t stick with hot glue.
- You’ll then want to cover the back. You can use a small piece of cardstock or felt. Or you can use another sticker. I love that look because you have a cute image that can be seen from both directions.
I decided to try this way because I’ve seen so many of them on Instagram lately. And they are super cute.
Here’s how to make your clip.
- Grab a cute charm.
- Add a jumpring to the end.
- Attach it to the end of your paperclip.
I love making planner paperclips! They are super quick and easy to make, and you can make a ton in no time at all.
And there are so many ways to make them! This was just 2 of the ways that you can decorate paperclips to glam up your planner or travelers notebook.
I’ll be sending 4 clips to the winner of the Traveler’s Notebook Giveaway (along with the planner and other goodies). If you haven’t entered yet, here is what you do:
1. Watch each of the videos in my Travelers Notebook Series (be sure to watch to the end).
2. Like the video.
3. Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
4. Comment on each video.
I’ll be drawing a winner at the end of the series.
Thanks for dropping by and crafting with me today! Crafting with friends is always so much fun and I can’t wait to get together with you again soon.
In the meantime, I’d like to invite you to join me and some other crafty people in my “Crafting with Debbie” Facebook group. It’s going to be so much fun!
I’ll be giving my members sneak peeks and early offerings of lots of crafty goodness. And I’ll be hosting more live crafting events (still in the planning stage right now) that you can participate in. We’d love to have you join us!
Check out the rest of the series here:
* By the way, this post may contain affiliate links. That means that, if you purchase something through the link, I’ll get a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thanks for supporting my YouTube channel and blog..
Cardmaker & Crafter extraordinaire!
This Florida girl loves sharing handmade kindness!