Let’s make some Mother’s Days CardsToday I’m making a couple of Mother’s day cards using the Orange Shades of Spring Digital Kit from Taylormadecards4u.
Welcome to the May Flowers Video Hop from the Crafter’s Video Collaborations Facebook Group, and Taylormadcards4U Design Team.
I’m Debbie, and I want to help you reach your creative potential through crafting and card making. Each week I show you how you could make cards and other crafty projects.
Because, If I can make it, You Can Too.
So if you’d like to see more tutorials and inspirational videos, be sure to subscribe to my channel, and hit the little bell to be notified every time I upload a new video.
I invite you to visit Taylormadecards4u Blog and enter this month’s Challenge.
This month’s prize is $10 gift code from Taylormadecards4u.
You will also find a discount code there for 20% off your digital order from Taylormadecards4u!!!
Be sure to follow our facebook group as well, Stamping with friends where you can share more of your crafty projects.
Today I’m using the Orange Shades of Spring Digital Kit Taylormadecards4u.
For this month’s project, I’m using the Orange Shades of Spring Digital Kit from Taylormadecards4U and (as usual) I tried something a little different.
So what else is new.
This time, I’m using Microsoft Word to create a card sketch of the Mother’s day card before I print anything out. I’m hoping that by creating a sketch, I can know basically what the card will look like and prevent wasting paper and having tons of extra ephemera that never gets used.
Anyone else print extras when working with digis?
WANT TO HELP SUPPORT MY BLOG?
- Watch, Like, Comment and Share this post with all your Crafty friends!
- Buy a card or digi! If you loved this card, you can buy it! Shoot me an email.
- Leave a tip in the tip jar!
- Check out the supply list later in this post for easy shopping. The list includes affiliate links that allow me to make a percentage from sales without any additional cost to you. So shop away!
Making the Mother’s day cards
With the “sketch” done, I now know what images I’ll need to create my card.
Also, I had resized the document on my sketch to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2… which means that all of the images are the physical size I need to go on the physical card.
I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner!
So I copied each element and pasted them into a new Word Document! This includes a sentiment. I put the sentiment (plus extras just in case) on a separate page because I will be printing it on my laser printer so that I can foil it! The page with images from the Orange Shades of Spring Digital Kit will be printed on my color ink jet printer.
Check out the video!
——— PROJECT PHOTOS ———
Here is the rest of the design team line up!
- Monica: https://youtu.be/sJw783aNwoI
- Stampin Munchkins / Cyn: https://youtu.be/ocuWimKzsoU
- Debbie J’s Crafting Corner: https://youtu.be/KRRYm4acIxU
- Jeanie: https://youtu.be/bojlNN8TpwQ
- Artful Creations by Tracie: https://youtu.be/2MZ3IkQhtso
- Karen Bolton: https://youtu.be/NV_P3JIp1AA
- Ciara Taylor: https://youtu.be/blp8A6PmSFA
- Annalisa Gibson: https://youtu.be/7WWEmc0LEsY
- Archana Sehgal: https://youtu.be/dXeyonLM50A
——— S U P P L I E S ———
(and where to find them)
If I can make it, YOU CAN TOO